Orthodontics impacts your health, appearance, and more.
Crooked, unevenly spaced, or misaligned teeth are harder to keep clean. This makes them more prone to tooth decay and periodontal disease.
Straight, properly aligned teeth are easier to keep clean and provide a more attractive appearance. A straight, healthy smile helps to boost self-esteem, self-confidence, and your self-image.
If you suffer from crooked, uneven, or misaligned teeth, orthodontic treatment can help.
The length of your orthodontic treatment will depend on your individual plan. During your consultation with Dr. Bewley, we will discuss your options. Once you select your treatment, we will estimate its length.
There are factors that can affect the duration of your treatment. Some of these include:
- Early Orthodontic Intervention: If you had early intervention, some steps have already been completed. This may shorten the time you need for this treatment.
- Type of Treatment: Depending on your needs the treatment you receive will affect its length.
- Compliance: Following our instructions will allow your treatment to work more quickly.
At Cornerstone Dental, we offer advanced solutions for your treatment.
Clear Correct uses a series of clear removable aligners to straighten your teeth without metal wires or brackets.
- The aligners are made through a combination of Dr. Bewley’s expertise and 3-D computer imaging technology.
- You wear each set of aligners for about 2 weeks, removing them only to eat, drink, brush, and floss.
- As you replace each aligner with the next in the series, your teeth will move – little by little, week by week – until they have straightened to the final position Dr. Bewley has prescribed.
- You’ll visit Dr. Bewley about once every 6 weeks to ensure that your treatment is progressing as planned.
- Total treatment time averages 9 – 15 months and the average number of aligners worn during treatment is between 18 and 30, but both will vary from case to case.
For information on Clear Correct, please visit www.clearcorrect.com